Spark Extinguishing System - Preventive Fire and Explosion Protection
Fundamentals of how Spark Detection Systems function.
NAB Automation's, Eagle Eye Hazard Monitoring System (HMS) was developed to reduce downtime due to equipment failures and malfunctions. With the use of our Eagle Eye systems, companies are able to track and perform maintenance on a pro-active basis. The Eagle Eye system allows our customers to detect small abnormalities before they become much larger, catastrophic events. The Eagle Eye HMS will alert operators of equipment needing attention, avoiding costly downtime. This allows the maintenance personnel to schedule maintenance, rather than react to a run-to-failure situation.
In a recent article in Maintenance World, William C. Worsham writes;
The most important reason for a PM program is reduced cost as seen in these many ways:
- Reduced production downtime, resulting in fewer machine breakdowns.
- Better conservation of assets and increased life expectancy of assets, thereby eliminating premature replacement of machinery and equipment.
- Reduced overtime costs and more economical use of maintenance workers due to working on a scheduled basis rather than a crash basis to repair breakdowns.
- Timely routine repairs circumvent fewer large scale repairs.
- Reduced cost of repairs by reducing secondary failures. When parts fail in service, they usually damage other parts.
- Reduced product rejects, reworks and scraps due to better overall equipment condition.
- Identification of equipment with excessive maintenance costs, indicating the need for corrective maintenance, operator training or replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Improved safety and quality conditions.
If you'd like to know what downtime really costs your company, here's a calculator you might like to try: http://www.sudora.com/downtime.html
Most will agree that a PM program is one of the wisest investments a company can make. Add our Eagle Eye HMS into your company program and you'll realize years of increased production, revenues, and much fewer equipment failures due to lack of attention. Give us a call and let us help you realize your full production capacity.
NAB Automation, Inc.